Archery lessons are $20 an hour, set up via appointment.
Some benefits of archery:
- Archers require not only some physical strength, but also mental fitness, and archers develop their focus, flexibility, and attention skills.
- Archery is particularly useful for kids as it teaches them the benefits of patience.
- Archery can be practiced both indoors and outdoors with many clubs having access to indoor facilities over the winter season so the weather need not be a barrier to participation.
- People from many walks of life enjoy archery. Almost every age group can participate, and children as young as 6 or 7 have taken well to the sport, while it is not unheard of for people in their 80s to be shooting competitively. It also teaches the benefits of teamwork in some cases with some competitions involving groups of people.
- Archery provides great satisfaction in combining both mental and physical attributes to good effect. Whatever the results at the target, every archer is able to draw satisfaction to a lesser or greater extent, from having won a personal mental battle.